Monday, July 27, 2009

Heatwave!


Help! I'm mmmeelllllllting! Here's a shot of me (on the phone with my dad) just after biking a mere 4 miles home from school. See the multiple beads of sweat racing each other past my clavicles? Well folks, you don't have to take my diaphoresis' word for it:











It's so bad that the news is recommending that we "check up on relatives and neighbors!" People here in Portland (myself included, probably) don't know how to thrive in this kind of heat. We're not used to drinking so much fluid, few of us have A/C in our homes, I'm sure the movie theatres and malls are packed. If I didn't have a midterm to study for in addition to my regular reading and assignments, I'd surely be somewhere air conditioned. Maybe after my icy shower I'll find a cool cafe to do my work. Here's one last pic of sweaty me just because I can.












scary!

No comments: