Tuesday, October 14, 2008

and dirt don't hurt

Welcome to 5769, I hope everyone had a sweet new year and is happily atoned. I've gotten my year off to a good start by actively strengthening my new friendships and laying out in the mud at ultimate pickup for the first time in months (shame on me). Get dirty! In my ongoing pursuit of getting dirty, I went climbing at Carver Ridge with some frisbee buddies and managed to get my own blood in my chalk bag. Don't worry mom, it was just a scratch. I think, actually, that I got more injured walking along the trail than actually up on the rock. I slipped in the mud and my hand went right into a jagged wood stump instead of all the soft mud under the rest of me. I've got a nice gash on the palm of my hand, now. Of course none of the seven of us brought first aid stuff. We did manage to scrape together the corner of a napkin and a strip of athletic tape. Hardcore.
After a few hours of messing around on the cold rock (y'know, it's really hard to grip with numb fingers!) half of us drove 45min to Bagby Hot Springs to soak out our muscles. It was a little crowded, but we didn't have to wait too long before we could get in the water. Mmm. I'm glad we did that. I think I'd have been much more sore the next day if I hadn't soaked.

On another note, I'm working on my school applications again. I'm sending out juju to the OHSU admissions people to get it right this year and accept me outright. In January I'll remind all of you to help out with that. I promise to shower before my interview. And even use shampoo!

No comments: