Sunday, September 14, 2008

Adventure is nipping my heels...

I've just been offered a job...

...in Crested Butte.

And I want to jump at it, yes yes yes! Really there are only two things holding me back. Well more than two actually, but just two big ones.
1.) I need to maintain OR residency to afford school WHEN I get in this year. So I have to convince my wonderful landpeople to let me sublet my apartment (which I rent technically on a month-to-month basis) and find storage for most of my crap. Or just find storage for all of my crap and risk not finding a new apartment that's anywhere near as awesome a situation as what I've got now if I have to give it up.
2.) I'm attached to my doula group and don't want to let them down. And I don't want to miss out on all the births I would certainly get over the winter as opposed to maybe one or two private clients I might be able to find in CB. I need to prove my commitment to reproductive health so school will love me more than last year.

Pros:
I still don't have a real job here in Portland and there aren't any solid prospects since I'm being so picky. I'd rent a room and spend less than I'm spending now. I'd have a guaranteed job with people I know and trust and respect. I'd be living in paradise. I could celebrate the holidays with my sister, which I haven't done in 4 years. NO RAIN. If I do have to let go of my current Portland apartment, I can get a new one with more storage space, natural light, and room for a desk (cuz I'll be a scholarly type by summertime!!).

How did Kerouac put it? My feet are getting itchy.

Advice!!!!Please!!

1 comment:

Adelaide Brown said...

Oh, no! Well, the frisbee team would miss you, and I would add that to the cons. At the same time, you are about to be in school for a big chunk of time, which means staying in one place for a while and it might be nice to get to move around while you can.


When do you have to decide by?