Thursday, December 20, 2007

feelin better

Because both of my parents and I were so miserable about being apart for the holidaytimes, Mom and Dad bought me a ticket home! So I'm spending the end of December with them (with a few hugs and love for my girlfriends first). I feel so much better. Now my tree (photo) doesn't seem so pathetic. At least my mailbox has been getting some love. The glass globe is a Steelers Christmas ornament that I won in a raffle at the bar where I watch all the games.

It's a good place, full of die hard Steelers fans. Lots of screaming, cheering, and beer at 10AM. The early games are one of the semi-crappy things about living on the west coast. It is simultaneously a good excuse to drink beer in the morning. What can I say? Sometimes I like to shed my homebody-ness that I've adopted since college and be social.

Tonight, however, I am listening to WDVE online. Go Steelers!

1 comment:

Fraggle said...

You'll get used to the early games and come to love them. Getting to a bar super early, drinking irish coffee and eating breakfast while watching football... it's pretty great. The really great part is the 'night' games that end at 8:30 so you can go out after!